Thursday, October 20, 2005

Destructive Behavior

Today the blog will see a concise post. I am swamped with debate research and have to make my words short. Today Oliver and I released the first versions of “ProMessenger” on our schools U: drive. When we released the tool and it was rather effective. However, we found a problem with people (our own acquaintances/friends) indulging in excessive spamming. The issued raised a concern for me: why do people involve themselves in destructive behavior? There are many cases when people do things that do not benefit them just to be destructive. This destruction applies to anything from society to them. I would like to hear some feedback on the issue. Is there a reason for being destructive without benefits? Or are there always benefits?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, there are always benifits, they just might not be obvious, even to the person doing it.

Also, you should note that what you did could be considered destructive too, as you were circumventing the school's rules instead of trying to get them changed. Maybe the fact that people abuse things like that is why the school banned the use of them in the first place. If it were me, I just wouldn't have done it so publicly. But anyway, I'm gonna stop talking, because I really don't have much information about this, living in a different province as I do ;)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Rasengan Zero said...

Spamming issues? Perhaps you guys can try implementing something like AIM has, the you can only send so many messages per time frame. I can't quite explain it here, but if you have AIM or used it, then you'll know what I mean.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POWAH!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home